Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 32/365 It’s time to go, clothes


       In the next couple of days I’m going to leave these bags of clothes at the church for the upcoming rummage sale, but for now I’m storing them in the trunk of my car. I thought they were safe there but I was proved wrong yesterday morning, well, kind of wrong. 


      My supermarket hires people, referred to as ‘baggers’ to bag groceries and load them into the car. Yesterday was the same as every other day until I opened my trunk and the ‘bagger’, seeing all the rummage sale bags, pointed to herself and asked, “For me?” I explained their destination, but she asked again. So I gave her one bag, and off she went, bag in hand, to put it her car trunk. The point is to get these clothes on the backs of people who need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment