Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 22/365 It’s time to go, junk in boxes

-->
       Would you believe that our sunroom was beginning to look like the attic? 

The boxes that I had brought down were only making it as far as our family room.  So yesterday I began sorting. Here’s a summary: Three paper bags, one for ‘sitters’ for the church fair, another for the put-and-take, a third for clothes for the rummage sale, and of course a huge bag for trash. So far so good with the letting-go-of-things project. 


      But alas, what about the 1986 Boston Celtics Championship T shirt? Gotta keep that!. 

And then there is a whole bunch of stuff that I have mentally labeled, “I can’t let go of you yet.” This includes fifty Pounds Sterling in bills and coins and a bunch of maps and guidebooks of Scotland and Northern England, all of which I take as a sign that I’m suppose to travel across the pond soon, very soon. 

     And what about the rest of the stuff in the “I can’t let go of you yet,” pile? It’s now on my desk, with the added label, “I don’t know what to do with you; I want to keep you but you’re not going back to the attic.” 






No comments:

Post a Comment