Saturday, July 20, 2013

Day 151/365 It’s time to go, golf memorabilia


     I’m still working on clearing out the ‘The Croft’, but before I go on, let me tell you the reason for the room’s name. It’s all about Scotland and I love Scotland. In fact, I often dream of living in a croft on the Scottish coast. So, in ‘The Croft’ I keep books, maps and other trinkets about Scotland and the Scottish doll that my grandmother brought me when I was a little girl. (My grandfather, Donald Ross, was born in Scotland and emigrated from Glasgow at the turn of the last century.) And then there is golf. Golf was also born in Scotland and St. Andrews is considered the oldest golf course in existence. It’s even rumored that Mary Queen of Scot played golf.






     Yesterday I cleared out the bureau and today I loaded my husband’s golf memorabilia on top, where it is waiting for him to do his part. Yesterday he decided to give three bags of golf balls, which were stashed away in the closet, to our grandson. Now, he has to let go of some golf pictures, pencils and sitters.  
     Today, along with loading the top of the bureau, I sorted and organized the books. Alas, I only let go of one of them. It was the best I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment