Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 92, 365 waxed paper


    What, waxed paper? Yes, in this case the waxed paper lining from the Cheerios box. We eat a lot of Cheerios in this house, so we end up with many pieces of waxed paper. Just look at it. It’s sturdy, clean, good size and just begging for further use before heading to the trash. Instead of baggies to wrap cheese, green peppers, sliced onions, whatever needs to be covered and refrigerated, I’ve started using waxed paper from all kinds of boxes.  


 
      
















As I write this I am aware that the intention of the blog is morphing. Perhaps you’ve noticed. When I started ninety-two days ago my husband and I were trying to get rid of stuff in our house, as in clearing out the attic, garage and barn. Happily those major projects are well on well on their way toward completion. Writing this blog every day, however, has expanded our understanding of lettingofstuff. We’ve always included the hows and wheres. Simple put, it doesn’t feel right just to throw useful stuff in the trash. We like to give it away… but who would want our waxed paper? This simple questions leads us to consider recycling and sustaining the environment. I hope you agree that a delicious piece of cheese doesn’t need a new baggie when it can be caressed by a pristine piece of waxed paper?


No comments:

Post a Comment