Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 89/365 It’s time to go, chatter in my head



     

I’m up here at the cottage for a few days before returning home for Thanksgiving week. For those of you who don’t know about the cottage, it’s a little cottage by the sea, about an hour and a half from my home, that I rent for the winter months. As a general rule, I am here during the week and home on the weekends. I come for silence, solitude and simplicity and because sometimes I like to be alone. If you’re intrigued, check out my blog: wwwacottagebythesea.net.
    I don’t have anything tangible to let go of up here, but as I’ve discovered in writing this blog every day, getting rid of stuff comes in different forms.  Today, for example, I’ve been letting go of all the chatter in my head. Need I say more?
     Of course the chatter keeps coming back, but I find that walking the beach and sitting on the deck (living room) watching the sunrise, releases some of it enough to let peace and calm in. And who would want to let go of that?


No comments:

Post a Comment