Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 4/365 It’s time to go, stack of plates.


     These plates have been in our mudroom forever, or so it seems. I’ve saved them to put under a plant or flower pot, but that need just hasn’t come up. They have got to go. 


      As I consider each one, I experience a little trip down memory lane. The white plate is the only one that remains from the first set of everyday ‘china’ that I bought when we were first married. Another goes to the set that we used when our kids were little (that one will go to my daughter). Another was a gift from my son when he was in college so of course I have to keep that one. Two I bought at a collectables shop just because I liked them. The others just appeared. 

     Except for the one going to my daughter and the one from my son, the others are headed for the church fair or the put-and-take. If someone brings us a plant that needs a plate to catch the drainage, don’t worry, I have plenty more in the cupboard. I’ll be going through those another day.

1 comment: