Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 121/365 It’s time to go, missing movies


  
    Every year, even though I make a list of movies that I want to see, I miss most of them. My excuses are lame, but at the time they hold power. To begin with, I don’t like to go at night. Then I wait to go with my husband, and that rarely happens because he doesn’t like to go at night or during the day. The last movie we saw together was, “The King’s Speech.”

    Well, no more excuses! I see another New Year’s Resolution forming: see the movies you want to see. How simple is that? Very.

    Yesterday I started out with the intention of catching the 12:15 showing of Les Mis. I arrived in plenty of time to fight the crowds (there weren’t any), only to be told by an attendant that the first showing wasn’t until 3:15, that the times on the website were for last week.
      Oops, that could have been the end of The Resolution. But no, I gathered myself together, drove the fifteen minutes back to the cottage, hung out there for a few hours, and then returned for the afternoon showing.
       Here’s my review: I’m glad I saw Les Mis. The music is phenomenal, Hollywood is Hollywood, I loved the play. Go see for yourself.
    





 




 Next on the list is, “Lincoln”. Maybe my husband and I will go together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment