Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day 168/365 It’s time to go, more books on the shelf


       So far I’m been loyal to my commitment to clear off a shelf a day in the parlor. Books continue to land in paper bags destined for the put-and take or the church fair. Others are in piles for friends who have young children. This is when letting go of stuff is at it’s best. I pay a visit, read to the kids and leave the books with them. It makes it possible/easy to let go of favorite story books, books that I read to my children and grandchildren, books that are out of print. 






     Then there are the puzzles. Which to keep, which to let go of? I don’t mind 1000 piece puzzles, in fact they are my favorites, but I like to be able to match the piece to the picture. All those puzzles in which the colors all blend into each other, out, out, out—it’s time for them to go. 












    NO!                                                                                                                   YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment