Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 45/365 It’s time to go, curtains with moth holes


       Yesterday was the day to change the kitchen curtains from summer blue-and-white-stripes to winter woolen tartans. I’ve been making this seasonal switch for more than twenty years, so I consider myself a pro. Easy job; down goes one set, up goes the other. But this time things were different: light was shining through newly created moth holes.







These curtains, custom-made by a teacher friend of mine, sadly have to go.


       I love the woolen tartan fabric, but then I love everything Scottish. I doubt that I will find any ready-made tartan curtains as replacements. But these are just decorative, hanging on either side, so all I need is a little fabric. Um, I could sew them myself, but of course I’d have to go to Scotland to purchase the fabric. Maybe two tartan scarves would do the job?   

    For now nothing is hanging. Winter is not a good time to go to Scotland. 
 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment