Monday, September 24, 2012

Day 36/365 It’s time to go, books on the shelf


      This is a difficult one, the books on the remaining shelf. You see, most of them are part of my husband’s golf library, and I’m not sure if he’s ready to let them go. 



     And alas, I’m not willing to let go mine, either. Most poignant are some favorites from my teaching days. Anyone who knows “Mrs. Wishy-washy” will completely understand. And then there is “Mrs. Piggy-Winkle.” Oh how all  parents wished she lived down the street! “The Hungry Thing,” “Dandelion” and “Thomas’ Snowsuit” don’t fall far behind. 

      Also, there were some books about medieval times, monasteries and Scotland. I’m not through living through them yet. 

 
      So, the best I could do was let go of two books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment