Well, not really, not yet. I’ve been living with a somewhat disabled coffee pot for over a year, ever since a little plastic piece, about a square centimeter, broke off. It left the coffee compartment swinging away, which was mighty inconvenient as far as clean up was concerned and a bother to bandage up before brewing each morning. I got tired of applying new duct tape bandages and so considered giving into purchasing a new one. But then I found a big rubber band and decided to try that. It works and is more secure, especially when applied along with tape. So for now, I’m saving at least $50 and feeling satisfied with this simple solution.