Monday, November 26, 2012

Day 98, 365 It’s time to go creature comforts


      I’m here at the cottage enjoying solar heat. 



When I arrived yesterday the furnace wasn’t making a sound and it has taken me until today to arrange for the oil company to come for the necessary repairs. Flicking the restart button didn’t solve the problem. 




     So what does this have to do with lettingofstuff? For me it’s about letting go of presuming that the care of my creature comforts is on automatic pilot. I’m not ready to let go of them entirely, but living in a 45 degree house in late November helps me appreciate the 65 degrees that I obliviously enjoy daily. I have renewed gratitude for the electric blanket that served me well last night, as well as for this morning’s freshly brewed coffee. This is not a Hurricane Sandy situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment