Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 87/365 It’s time to go, plastic bags







     These empty plastic bags just came back full. I have my own very simple way to recycle grocery store bags. Today it was the plastic ones, but sometimes it’s the traditional brown ones, which I use for groceries and for all kinds of other carting around. In previous blogs you may have noticed some of them filled with treasures for the put-and-take. 




   














  I never considered purchasing bags to tote back and forth to the grocery store. Besides the expense, the idea is counterproductive to lettingofstuff. Instead, I take these bags back and forth until they tear apart or start smelling of sour milk, or whatever. And the icing on my recycle cake is that my supermarket (Roche Brothers) donates five cents per bag to Children’s Hospital. 


    So in and out go the bags until their final OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment