Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 50/365 It’s time to go, recipes in the bo


    Yesterday I was looking for the recipe for chili that my sister had written on an index card years ago. It was in one of those little file boxes where all recipes were kept back in the days before computers. 


     Once again, here I was, sorting through all the cards and pieces of paper, just wanting to make some chili. It was definitely time clear out the box and let go of all those recipes that I never use. I don’t bake cookies, I don’t cook complicated, time-consuming dishes, so out, out, out.
     Of course I kept my mom’s coffee cake recipe, written in her steady, confident handwriting. Although I may never need the recipe, that little file card holds memories that I know I will need forever. 



     The chili is yummy. I'll keep that card, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment