Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 155/365 It’s time to go, obsolete keys


     Last week we gave our granddaughter these keys. For years they had been hanging on this marvelous key rack made and given to me for Christmas by Jimmy Berry when I was his second grade teacher. That was a looooong time ago. The rack had been collecting keys for years-- keys belonging to cars long since sold or junked…house keys to old door locks…. And does it surprise you that I have no ideas where most of these keys belong? Most of them are obsolete. Luckily, however, I did recognize the key to the church and so retrieved it before it went home with our granddaughter.

        Of course I’m keeping Jimmy’s gift. He’s a parent now and hopefully his kids are making treasured gifts for their second grade teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment