Sunday, October 6, 2019

It’s time to go, stuff in the attic, 227/365






We’re back at again, letting go of stuff. Another dumpster will be delivered in our driveway in a couple of weeks. It’s our fourth or fifth in the last twenty years. Unfortunately I don’t keep track of the dates of that kind of home maintenance—maybe in my next life.
    Our goal is to clear out enough stuff so we could call a realtor and say we we’d be ready to put the house on the market in three months. We have no specific plans, but at our age (circling 80), it’s not a wild idea.
    The focus this time will be on the attic, garage, or barn. As far as I’m concerned, if you have even one of these, it will get filled/junked up. It’s a law of nature.
    I’ve been working on the attic. My plan is to go through EVERYTHING. If we’re not using it, out it goes. When I am finished I envision that all that remains will be in plastic storage boxes--seasonal clothes and bedding, cushions for outdoor furniture, and selected Christmas decorations.
    ALL the rest will go to the church fair and rummage sale, Goodwill, the put-and-take (which closes at the end of the month), and of course, the dumpster.  

No comments:

Post a Comment