Friday, October 4, 2013

Day 165/365 It’s time to go, books in the parlor








I’m back. Back from vacation in Italy and back to letting go of things. This month it is all the stuff in our front room, which we euphemistically call the parlor. This catch-all room is filled with books from my teaching days, and even books from college days. Over the years it’s accumulated the family archives, my father’s and most recently my mother’s. My mom died two years ago at age 101 so you can imagine the long lifetime of papers and files to go through. And then there is my husband’s framing hobby, which continues to be bolstered by his weekly trips to the put-and-take.
     I’m starting, shelf by shelf. One a day. Today it was organizing jigsaw puzzles and sorting children’s books into piles: for the put-and-take, the church fair, gifts, and to keep. 

                                             After
Before




No comments:

Post a Comment